The UNI-PRE 4 Knob is a new generation bass preamp system from East UK. It’s a brand new design that sets new standards with unique features, designed to fit virtually any bass which has 4 knobs with rear cavity electronics. The modular construction makes for easy installation, with simple plug connections between modules. External wiring, such as pickups and power, are simply connected using screw terminals.
These prices do include VAT (UK Sales Tax)
SKU: uni-4-knobCategory: Rear Mount
The UNI-PRE 4 Knob is a new generation bass preamp system from East UK. It’s a brand new modular design that sets new standards with unique features, is designed to fit virtually any bass which has 4 knobs with rear cavity electronics. The UNI-PRE was orignally conceived as a complete system but the Volume/ Blend and EQ modules are effectively self-contained, and may be purchased individually for stand-alone use.
Its main components are a Volume/Blend module and EQ. The Volume/Blend has totally independent dual active and passive signal paths, controlled simultaneously with a conventional knob set. The EQ module allows internal voicing adjustment for the treble as well as the lower and upper bass frequencies. This is in order to allow finely tuned focus on the most crucial bass spectrum.
Modular construction makes for easy installation, with simple plug connections between modules. External wiring, such as pickups and power, are simply connected using screw terminals.
The pots have 10.0mm threaded bushes designed for rear cavity mounting in the bass. Flat wire connections to the pots and toggle switches allow for flexible layout.
The preamp comes fully wired including battery clip and Switchcraft jack. For ease of installation, pickups are connected via screw terminals. A ground wire will need to be connected to grounding points such as the bridge and any internal screening.
Out of the box, just connect the pickups using the screw terminals. snap on a battery, and you’ll get sound.
HARDWARE OPTIONS: Chrome, Black or Gold. (Can be mixed by special request)
Summary of features:
Totally independent active and passive signal paths guarantee completely smooth blend when set to active.
Custom designed pots allow optimal placement of all controls within active and passive signal paths.
Class A FET input stages for great sound quality, with two gain trim preset adjusters for each pickup.
Operational response of Bass Control can be set internally at both the lower and upper ends of the bass spectrum.
Treble Control with internally adjustable frequency voicing, plus Bright as a pull switch.
Mid Control with Frequency Sweep.
Overall response can be set as flat or with pre-shaper contour, which adds some warmth and sheen.
Modular concept allows for easy installation and replacement of parts should that ever be necessary, all with pluggable connections.
Screw terminals are used for all external connections such as pickups, power and grounding, for easy installation.
FLAT RESPONSE: Neutral response setting.
PRE-SHAPE: Gentle lift at the lower and higher frequencies, peaking +4dBs at 40Hz & 10kHz.
PICKUP GAIN: Internal Trimmers 0-12dBs for each pickup in Active Mode.
BASS CONTROL: +/- 18dBs Cut/Boost with internally adjustable ???bass window?۪.
BASS WINDOW: Lower Frequency Filter 20-80Hz & Higher Frequency Filter 40???200Hz.
MID CONTROL: +/- 14dBs Cut/Boost with Frequency Sweep 100Hz ??? 2.5kHz.
TREBLE CONTROL: +/- 18dBs with internally Shelf Frequency 1kHz ??? 7.5kHz, Pull for Bright peaking at 10kHz.
Watch Liam Tillyer using his UNI-PRE
??Detailed product information
??UNI-PRE 4 KNOB / U-RETRO Comparison
What They Say
I have now got the preamp installed in the Status bass and it is absolutely fantastic. It has transformed the bass totally, our sound guy says it?۪s the best sounding bass he has ever heard through a PA and has banned me from using anything else. Thanks again for your valuable advice and building the preamp to my requirements. Dave Neill – UK
* ??I am ever so impressed. It went in and worked straight away in my Warwick 5 string. It?۪s marvelous! Peter – UK
* ??I had my first jam with the new pre last night. It has really opened up the sound of my Warwick bass, the eq is really powerful. I love it. Also this bass is now the quietest of all my basses. Yes I swapped out the MEC pickups and pre so I’m running your pre with Delano dual coil pickups in a 2016 Streamer stage 1 broad neck 6 string. This bass is killer! especially now. My other basses have ….. I’m thinking I might put a 5 knob East in my Dingwall ABZ. Thanks for being easy to contact and deal with. Carl – New Zealand
* ??I?۪m loving the preamp on gigs. I never used the stock preamp much, ran passive 99% of the time. With your preamp, I have been running active all the time with everything flat and the sound cuts through beautifully. Not overly bright, nice thick sound for finger style playing, but has a nice snap when thumping and plucking. The passive tone control is great, and I like the big range it has, can get that nice jazz bass honk when rolled off a touch. The MMV always felt great to play, but the sound was not quite there in my opinion. I had had several different pickups in that bass, and have settled on Seymour Duncan quarter pounders. FYI, I use a Fender Marcus Miller Signature into an Aguilar TH500 and Barefaced Big Baby 2 cabs. Mark – New Zealand
* ??The UNI-PRE was exactly what I’d been looking for and did??all the things I??required from it, and more!” ??Dave Swift,??Jools Holland?۪s Rhythm & Blues Orchestra
* ??I’ve been using it mainly for live shows, it’s great!??This preamp will be the next Prime Minister and speak on behalf of all preamp citizens out there!” ??Randy??Hope-Taylor, Incognito, Jeff Beck, Jamiroquai, D?۪Angelo, Chaka Khan etc etc